LAB ASSISTANT II(A) (PART TIME)
- Competition #: 05557020
- Employee Type: PERMANENT PART TIME (0.80 FTE)
- Bargaining Unit: HEU
- Facility: WRINCH MEMORIAL HOSP COMP
- Department: WRI MULTI-FUNCTION LAB
- Reports To: CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST OR DESIGNATE
- Hourly Wage: $25.31
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Lab Assistant looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Laboratory department.
Under the supervision of the Chief Technologist or designate, the Laboratory Assistant performs specimen collection, preparation and testing, and performs related clerical and other laboratory support functions. Performs inpatient and/or outpatient Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, and/or Holter monitor testing as required, and explains test procedures. Performs routine equipment cleaning and maintenance.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Tuesday – Friday, Days – 08:00 to 16:00
Wrinch Memorial Hospital , a fully accredited acute care facility. It is a full service hospital with visiting specialists in podiatry, geriatric assessment, cardiology, pediatric cardiology, internal medicine, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, general surgery, otolaryngology, pediatrics, respiratory and allergy, rheumatology, and occupational therapy.
The Hazeltons (Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are nestled within the spectacularly rugged Roche de Boule Mountain Range in Northern British Columbia with a population of 827 (2021). Hazelton, also known as Old Hazelton, is on the banks of the Skeena River near the world-famous ‘Ksan Historical Village and museum. Check out The Hazeltons, known as the historic heartland of northwest BC.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one (1) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to type at 25 w.p.m.
Who we are
- Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
- All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
Lead, Health Informatics
Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
As a Lead, Health Care Information Systems (HCIS), you will provide leadership in systems development, systems analysis and support services to the Health
Informatics & Clinical Solutions Team.
- Build on your experience as you:
Lead and manage assigned projects
- Provide leadership to team members and applying appropriate change management strategies as part of a project.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to an assigned portfolio in the areas of knowledge management, and decision support in clinical and corporate business areas
- Provide expertise on enterprise-wide projects
Serves as back up to the Portfolio Manager in the area of team leadership.
Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Science or Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Five (5) years recent related experience with business and systems analysis including project management experience.
- Including experience with health and corporate information systems.
Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, and Crystal Reports experience, and three years of programming experience in Delphi, Delphi Script or other high-level, object-oriented language preferred.
- Experience in development on the Civica Paris platform is strongly preferred.
- Experience with other electronic health information systems, such as the Meditech, and/or Intrahealth Profile is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- This is a full time position and will be based at our Central City Offices, Surrey, B.C.
- If this sounds like the excellent role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with health care providers who are excellent in their respective fields.
Fantastic opportunities for support and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- A chance to create a difference every day in the world of health care.
- Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
- Take the next step in your career and make a difference in the communities we serve! Apply today, so we can continue the conversation.
- We value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of respect, caring and trust.
- Find out what it’s like to work here. Like us on Facebook(@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram(@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights!
- Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
- The Lead, Health Informatics is responsible for leading and managing assigned projects, providing leadership to team members and applying appropriate change management strategies as part of a project.
- Provides advice, guidance, and direction to an assigned portfolio in the areas of knowledge management, and decision support; in clinical and corporate business areas which includes the development and implementation of application architecture.
- Provides expertise on enterprise-wide projects, serves as back up to the Portfolio Manager in the area of team leadership. Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and expertise by consulting to all disciplines and stakeholders within an assigned portfolio by performing functions such as coordinating and performing feasibility studies, conducting workload efficiency analysis using formal data gathering techniques, analyzing, designing and implementing appropriate information systems, and identifying system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and recommending ways of improving business efficiency functions.
- Participates in enterprise-wide, cross-disciplinary business strategy projects including confidential initiatives that support the selection, procurement and implementation of appropriate information systems applications that may result in the elimination of FTEs.
- Serves as a consultant participating on enterprise-wide projects which are under the leadership of the Portfolio Manager; serves as back up to the Portfolio Manager in the area of team leadership or project management. Prepares status reports and meets with clients and provide reports back to the Portfolio Manager as required.
- Responsible to establish and lead assigned information system projects by adhering to project management and support structure methodologies, managing project timelines, monitoring expenditures and variance analysis, facilitating change management strategies, defining tasks, identifying resource needs, and reporting on project status to the Portfolio Manager or Manager.
- Provides strategic guidance in the project design phases and works within assigned budget and provides reports or raises concerns as necessary. Participates in the hiring process for staff, and coordinates and provides guidance to team members.
- Performs system analysis by establishing application systems scope and objectives, conducting feasibility studies, planning or modifying procedures to solve complex problems, preparing detailed specifications and solving existing system logic difficulties as required.
- Recommends the best cost effective solutions for the business area; informs and discusses potential business impacts with the client.
- Performs complex business and/or clinical process analysis including conducting work flow analysis and developing business information requirements and models.
- Defines business and/or health information scope and objectives; plans, designs and modifies practical manual and automated business procedures.
- Coordinates and provides third level application support to critical system problems and ensures that the application service level agreement in place is written or maintained to meet the business expectations and Informatics capabilities.
- This may include vendor or 3rd party coordination Coordinates the support rotation and monitors the support queue.
- Serves on a variety of Fraser Health wide health service delivery area and departmental committees, task groups, internal working teams and corporate projects.
- Maintains knowledge of infrastructure and technologies by remaining aware of current and new technologies
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Science or Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Five (5) years of recent experience with business and systems analysis including experience as a project manager. Experience with health and corporate information systems.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Ability to provide leadership to a variety of project teams in an environment that constantly changes and that has fluctuating priorities.
- Knowledge of information management, health informatics, business processes, technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture.
- Ability to translate business and/or clinical needs into application architecture requirements.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the project management process and the systems development life cycle.
- Demonstrated decision making ability within complex and diverse issues.
- Demonstrated superior skills in data research, gathering, modeling, and business and systems analysis.
- Ability to organize work, problem solve, multitask and meet deadlines.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Junior Project Manager – TELUS Health Care Centre Toronto
Toronto, ON, CA
Req ID: 28180
Jobs by Category: Health
Job Function: Project/Program Management
Status: Full Time
Launch projects that make a difference to our customers
Join our team!
TELUS Health Care Centres is a nationwide network of renowned medical professionals dedicated to preventive healthcare, inspiring positive lifestyle choices to improve client outcomes. As part of the TELUS Health family, we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of innovation – leveraging our digital and health expertise to meet the evolving needs of our clients. Our Toronto state-of-the-art clinic is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and driven Junior Project Manager.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
- You will report to the Director, Clinic Operations and work closely with our operations and support teams to understand their needs and priorities.
- You are a passionate, detail-oriented and collaborative Project Manager, who is excited to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple small project(s) of low risk, complexity and business impact.
- You will play a key role planning, executing and delivering small projects; collaborating across business units, and with key stakeholders to execute on initiatives.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
Accomplishes the following duties with guidance: Manage all aspects of the project over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
Define project scope and objectives, secure appropriate resources, develop schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
Manage project financials.
Ensure control of project: dealing with conflicting priorities, issues, risks, dependencies and change.
Ensure deliverables adhere to quality standards.
Communicate project details effectively.
What you bring
- Project management methodologies, principles and practices.
- You bring 1-3 years of experience as a Project Manager (or related position)
- Ability to work effectively cross-functional teams.
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Associate PM designation, enrollment in the certification or Lean Six Sigma certification desirable.
Mental Health Streamlined Access Worker
One Full-time Contract to March 31, 2023 (with the possiblity of externsion or becoming permanent)
One Part-time Permanent Position (17.5 hrs/wk)
Streamlined Access provides coordinated access to 26 different mental health, addictions and dual diagnosis services (mental health and developmental disability) in York Region and South Simcoe.
The Mental Health Access Worker is responsible for the provision of a centralized access response for adults with a serious mental illness, addiction and/or dual diagnosis to the mental health system. The Access Worker conducts psychosocial assessments to determine the support needs of individuals who are experiencing symptoms of mental health, addictions, or a dual diagnosis. Once the support needs of the individual are determined, the Access Worker will connect the individual to services and make outbound referrals for services not accessed through Streamlined Access.
The Access Worker will liaise with outreach workers, hospital social workers and crisis workers, shelters, primary care providers, municipalities, emergency services and community mental health workers, to support individuals on accessing the supports requires for recovery.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and be a team player.
A hybrid remote work arrangment is available for this position
A quarterly adjustment based on fiscal funding
Pharmacy Assistant PT
Medical Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
ACD MED has been a reliable urgent cardiac service provider for our community for 13 years. We are looking for a medical office receptionist to join our team of administrative staff, technologists and doctors. We value safe and respectful work environment, excellence and open communication.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Admit patients and schedule medical appointments
- Assist doctors and staff with patient flow
- Answer phone calls, patient and doctors’ inquiries
- Faxing, attaching documents
- Prepare patient charts and rooms for appointments
- Ass siting in ECG room duties after completion of training
- Other responsibilities assigned by the site supervisor
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday (some days clinics start from 8am and other days from 9am).
- Canadian Medical Office Administration (MOA) Diploma or Certificate or minimum of 1 year of medical reception desk experience
- Cardiology clinic experience is an asset
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of AbelMED EMR is an asset
This is a full-time position. Part-time maybe considered. Monday to Friday 8am-5pm and 9am-5pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
COVID-19 screening process and disinfecting procedures are in place. Level 3 fluid resistant face masks, gloves, sanitizers, face shields provided by the company.
- Will you be available to travel to Mississauga location (Queensway West and Hurontario) to cover staff emergencies, vacations or shortage?
- Medical Reception Desk: 1 year (required)
- English (required)
- Day Shift (required)
ECG Room Medical Office Assistant
HIGHLIGHTS: This position will be ideal for an applicant who has an experience performing ECG, Holter hook-up in the Medical Lab setting similar to Life Labs and Dynacare. Or medical assistant with experience of performing lab duties at family doctor practice. Please note that no phlebotomy or urinalysis experience will be necessary. !This position requires proficient computer skills to download and upload the ECG data. Training will be provided, however proficient computer skills will be required.
*Valid driver’s license to be able to commute to 77 Queensway West and 755 Queensway East locations as per the work shedule.
MOA certificate or diploma, knowledge of EMR (electronic medical records) and some medical office administrative experience will be an asset.
Hours of work: Currently this is a part time job ( 22hrs) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays potentially adding 1-2 days.
- Perform ECG, Holter, ABPM hookups, upload and download the data;
- Validation of health cards
- Assisting with administrative duties as assigned by the site supervisor
- Follow disinfection protocols, keep ECG Room equipment clean and tidy;
- Experienced in ECG roomresponsibilities and medical office administration
- Proficient computer skills
- Valid driver’s license to be able to commute to 77 Queensway West and 755 Queensway East locations as per the shedule
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Able to deliver excellent customer service to patients
- Well-organized with good time management skills
Skills assessment will be conducted for selected applicants to determine suitability for this position.
We would like to thank to all applicants for the time and interest in our company. However we will contact the most suitable applicants for this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
This office follows MOH guidelines including COVID-19. Staff is provided with level III fluid resistant face masks, gloves, face shields and hand sanitizers.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have 1 year of Canadian experience in Medical Office Administration ?
- ECG ROOM: 1 year (preferred)
- driver’s licence (required)
Dental Assistant Level 1 or 2
We are currently looking to hire a Part time or Full Time Dental Assistant to join our busy and well-established practice. The successful candidate will have a passion for building strong patient relationships and contributing to the ongoing oral health of their community.
As a Dental Assistant at our practice, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a strong and fun team of dental professionals.
- Previous dental assisting experience is preferred
- Experience with Tracker software & Level II certification would be an asset.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Duties of clinical chairside assisting including knowledge of instrumentation, taking x-rays and impressions.
- Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behaviour
- Prepare treatment room in accordance with infection control and practice protocols for each patient
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Salary: $23.00-$24.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Current infection control protocol enforced.
- Dental Assisting: 1 year (preferred)
Guelph Street Animal Hospital is looking to hire a Receptionist/Vet Assistant. The candidate should be client-oriented and deliver professional pet care. Friendliness and accuracy are important along with excellent performance reviews in sales, customer service, teamwork, communications, empathy as well as technical skills. We offer competitive wages. A positive attitude is a must. New grads are welcome to apply. Contact by phone @ 905 702 8387, fax: 905 702 8225
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- veterinary clinic: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-09-09