The University of Port Harcourt hereby invites candidates who chose the University as First Choice in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and must obtained a minimum score of 150, to enable you register for the Post-UTME Screening Exercise for admission into the University.
Online Registration Date
Registration will start on Monday, 3rd July, 2023 and end on Monday, 31st July, 2023. Candidates are expected to log in to www.uniport.edu.ng and then follow registration procedure.
Important updates and Registration Procedure
Candidates should visit the University website www.uniport.edu.ng and follow the Registration Procedure.
- Eligible candidates are to input UTME Registration Number and confirm pre-loaded UTME details.
- Generate Remita Code for payment with your Master, Visa or Verve Card etc. OR Print out Payment Slip and proceed to any of the following Banks with Remita Platform(ACCESS BANK Plc, Ecobank Plc, Fidelity Bank Plc, First Bank Plc, Fcmb, Uba Plc, And Uniport-Choba Microfinance Bank) and make payment of N2,000.00 only.
- Obtain a Remita Receipt showing an Access Code from the Bank Teller confirming the payment.
- Proceed online again and Login with your UTME Registration Number and the Access Code on the payment slip, from Monday, 3rd July, 2023.
- Complete the Form online as requested. Candidates whose O’Level Result(s) are awaiting should indicate during registration.
- Click on the “submit button” and print Registration Slip for the Screening Exercise.
- Schedule for the 2023 Post-Utme Screening Exercise
- Further details and schedule of the Screening Exercise will be announced registration exercise. Candidates should, therefore, check the University website from time to time to know the date for the screening exercise.
Candidates Who Fail to register within the Registration Period Will not be allowed To Participate in the Screening Exercise.
- Inconsistency in name or picture on Registration Slip is not acceptable to the University and may lead to disqualification of affected candidates. Candidates’ names on their O’Level Certificates, UTME Results and other registration documents must be the same.
- Candidates MUST be sixteen (16) years of age or above by October 2023, to be eligible for the exercise.
- Mobile Phones, iPad, iPod, Walkman and similar gadgets or any extraneous materials will not be allowed into the Screening Venue and its environs.
- Candidates must apply within the Registration Period as the online link for the Application Form will be disabled at Midnight On Monday, 31st July, 2023.
- Registration is online, therefore, candidates are not expected to be present physically on the University Campus, but advised to register from any location.
- Candidates who chose the University as second choice and wish to be considered for admission can apply for the Screening Exercise ONLY when they have made a change to the University of Port Harcourt as their First Choice.
- Candidates must ensure that their O’Level results are uploaded to JAMB website as soon possible as those who do not, will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates must ensure that they register with their own valid personal telephone (GSM) numbers and email addresses.
- When the Screening Exercise is scheduled Candidates must report to the designated Screening Venues as scheduled or risk disqualification.
- Parents and Guardians, as well as uninvited security agents will not be allowed into the campus on the days of the screening exercise. To apply online