Coconut can be found in diverse places across the world and are highly beneficial to human health despites some rare side effects when abused or used wrongly. Its water on the other hand high in potassium which makes it good for managing problems related with blood pressure.
However, those already on medicates condition are to seek medical advice before taking coconut water. PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE WITH MEDICATIONS.
Coconut water is basically good when used as an energy drink for athletes and footballers as it replaces lost electrolytes after exercise especially potassium. Also, due to its sugar content it is advised that diabetic patient don’t consume not more than 100 to 150Ml per day as it may spike up blood.
Health Benefits of Coconut Water
- Aids in weight loss as its low in calories
2. Helps to manage diabetes
3. Beneficial for heart health as it maintains cholesterol level.
4. Helps to reduce high blood pressure.
5. Aids in digestion as it is rich in manganese
6. Prevents urinary tract infections.
7. Helps reduce stress.
- Boosts energy through minerals, electrolytes and antioxidants as it hydrates the body.
Nutritional value of coconut water:
- Pound for pound one of the most healing and nourishing medicines out there.
- Coconut water contains a plethora of electrolytes and vitamins.
Electrolytes such as K, Na, Mg, Zn & more.
Vitamins such as B2, B3, Folic Acid, Biotin.
Side effects of coconut water
Due to the high content potassium people diagnosed of kidney stones or kidney disease are advised to always seek medical attention before drinking coconut water.
HYPERKALEMIA is a life threatening health condition so patient with this condition should always seek medical attention before drinking coconut water.