A division of the Nigerian Armed Forces being the Nigerian Navy (NN), with several thousand members, including Coast Guard members, is one of the biggest navies on the African continent.
For the Nigerian Navy Basic Training School Batch 35 Recruitment Exercise, applications from qualified candidates are being accepted for the position of Nurses.
- Primary school leaving certificate.
- Candidates must have five credits in SSCE (West African Senior School Certificate Examination Certificate (not more than 2 sittings and not older than 6 years from the date of application) or its equivalent, including English language, mathematics, biology/health science, chemistry and physics.
- Single license as an RN and dual licensure in any pertinent field, including RM, A&E, ENT, Psychiatric, Pediatric, Orthopedic/Trauma, Ophthalmic, Anesthetic, Public Health, Occupational Health, Nephrology/Dialysis, and Theatre Nursing.
The recruitment process will begin with an online qualification screening of applicants, Application Form is to be completed and submitted online. Prior to filling out the online Recruitment Form, applicants are urged to carefully read the instructions below. Any form that is incorrectly or incompletely filled out will be rejected and not processed
- Candidates must be of Nigerians by birth.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years
- Candidates must not be below the height of 1.69 meters for males and 1.65 meters for females.
- Candidates must not be married or have children.
- Candidates must be free from any previous criminal conviction by a court of law.
- Candidates should NOT apply if they have any of the following medical or physical issues: sight, hearing, communicable diseases, mental health issues, speech difficulties, or any physical disability. Additionally, candidates with tattoos are not to apply.
- Candidates would be required to produce their primary school leaving certificate at the selection interview.
- All candidates must indicate/provide their National Identification Number (NIN) and Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- Candidates with other educational/professional qualifications higher than those stated are not to apply.
- Candidates are warned that it is an offence to present false or forged documents for the Recruitment.
- Certificates or qualifications not declared or tendered and accepted during the Recruitment exercise are not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of department or advancement while already in the Nigerian Navy.
- Candidates are required to print out Applicant’s Declaration Form, Parent/Guardian Consent Form, Local Government Area Certification Form, Police Certification Form and Guarantors Form which must be completed, endorsed and presented during the interview.
- Candidates must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents:
- Photocopies of Credentials (Birth certificate, Age Declaration etc.)
- Duly completed Identification Form must be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the Applicant’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander and above (or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Air Force) or Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) and above who hails from the Applicant’s State of Origin.
- Duly completed Parent/Guardian Consent Form signed by Applicant’s Parent or Guardian.
- Four (4) passport photographs duly signed and stamped.
- Candidates are to bring the scratch cards of their WAEC,GCE, NECO and NABTEB results to the recruitment centres.
- Application Form is to be completed and submitted online.
- Any candidate suspected or confirmed to have impersonated, falsified, forged or presented false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Recruitment exercise and handed over to the appropriate law enforcement agency for prosecution.
- Date for the Recruitment Aptitude Test will be posted on the NN portal in due course.
Application ends on;
6th May, 2023.