United State federal Bureau of Prisons is currently recruiting for the position of Physical Assistant across the country.
Do you wish to see the latest jobs in the United States federal bureau of prisons and other jobs in the united state government sector? Then this page will provide you with all 2023 related jobs and how to apply online.
Requirement for Application of United State Bureau of Prisons 2023 Physician Assistant Recruitment
Basic Requirements: All applicants must meet the following basic requirements for all grade levels:
- Graduation from a physician assistant educational program, accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors, at a college, university, or educational institution that is accredited by an accrediting body or organization recognized by the Secretary, U.S. Department of Education.
- Successful completion of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination; must maintain status as a certified physician assistant, including completion of all requirements for continuing medical education (CME) and re-certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs): You must also demonstrate that you have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Skill in making diagnoses selecting and providing appropriate treatment for medical or surgical emergencies (life or death or severe injury), as indicated until emergency assistance arrives
- ability to assess a patient’s condition and to initiate appropriate treatment
- knowledge of pharmaceuticals to treat disease and illness, to include a knowledge of the mechanism of action, side effects, toxic nature, and drug interactions of medications
- ability to interpret diagnostic tests in order to determine therapeutic treatment plans
- ability to deal effectively with patients
Licensure: For ALL grade levels and positions, applicants must possess and electronically upload proof of a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician Assistant from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
For consideration at the GS-07 level
One of the following:
- An accredited physician assistant educational program (certificate of completion, associate degree, or bachelor’s degree).
- A bachelor’s degree in a related health care or health related science and graduation from an accredited physician assistant educational program.
For consideration at the GS-9 level
One of the following:
- A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant equivalent to the GS-07 grade level and graduation from an accredited physician assistant educational program as described above
- Completion of the Master of Physician Assistant Studies
- Completion of a master’s degree in a related health care or health related science and completion of an accredited physician assistant educational program. Examples of related master’s degree programs include, but are not limited to, Master of Medical Sciences, Master of Public Health, Master of Biomedical Sciences, or other related major field of study
For consideration at the GS-11 level
One of the following:
- A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant equivalent to the GS-09 grade level and completion of an accredited physician assistant educational program as described above
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in a related health field and completion of an accredited physician assistant educational program. Examples of related doctoral degree programs include, but are not limited to, public health, allied health field, public health education, or other related health science.
How to Apply for Physician Assistant Recruitment at the USBOP
- Apply for this position using the usajobs.gov website as you would do with any other federal job.
Physician Assistant Open-Continuous Announcement
- Select any two locations that you want to work at.
View all of our locations
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to a standing register of qualified candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities that you selected, you will be considered for that position, and if you are selected we will contact you with an offer.
Note that we provide the most recent update on health job recruitment for more updates we advice you frequently refresh this page