United State federal Bureau of Prisons is currently hiring psychologists across the country. Some vacancies are posted for an opening at a specific location, and we welcome you to apply using these announcements.
Do you wish to see the latest jobs in the United States federal bureau of prisons and other jobs in the united state government sector? Then this page will provide you with all 2023 related jobs and how to apply online.
Requirement for Psychologists recruitment at USBOP
Required psychologist knowledge, skills, and abilities (ksas):
- Knowledge of treatment methods and interventions relevant to corrections
- Job-related experience, including conducting individual and group psychotherapy
- Knowledge of psychological assessment and report writing
- Knowledge of program administration
EDUCATION: Satisfactory completion of all the requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) from an APA-accredited doctoral program directly related to full professional work in psychology is required (i.e., Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology).
HIRING CONSIDERATIONS: Required experience level is dependent on the grade level to which you are applying. To qualify as a GS-11, your doctoral internship year is counted, and you may qualify. For GS-12 and above, you must have one year of appropriate professional experience which is comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level. Pertinent unpaid or volunteer work will be credited on the same basis as paid employment. For all positions other than Staff Psychologist and Drug Abuse Program Coordinator, applicants must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a state, territory, commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. Additional requirements and considerations for specific roles and pay levels will also apply.
AGE REQUIREMENTS: At time of appointment, applicants must not have reached their 37th birthday, unless they have previously served in a federal civilian law enforcement position covered by special Civil Service retirement provisions — including early or mandatory retirement. For psychologists, a waiver may be granted up to age 39.
How to Apply for Psychologists recruitment at USBOP
- Apply for a Staff Psychologist position at www.usajobs.gov
- Select any two BOP locations where you would like to work.
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to our register of candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities you selected, you will be considered. If selected, we will contact you with an offer.
Note that we provide the most recent update on health job recruitment for more updates we advice you frequently refresh this page.