United State federal Bureau of Prisons is currently recruiting for the position of General Practitioner.
Do you wish to see the latest jobs in the United States federal bureau of prisons and other jobs in the united state government sector? Then this page will provide you with all 2023 related jobs and how to apply online.
Requirement for Application of United States Bureau of Prisons 2023 General Practitioner Recruitment
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of your graduation. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Licensure: You must be in possession of a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. If you are not currently licensed you must obtain a license before entering duty. For example, you may be selected for appointment pending meeting the licensure requirement; however, you must obtain a license before entering on duty.
Experience: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. (This 1 year of supervised experience may be waived for research or administrative positions not requiring direct patient care.)
For purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Listings of accredited programs are published yearly in the Directory of Residency Training Programs and the Yearbook and Directory of Osteopathic Physicians.
For consideration at the GS-12 level: You must have 2 years of graduate training or equivalent experience and training. Examples include:
- Experience performing physical assessment in correlation with historical findings, and recording preliminary objective findings.
- Experience conducting examinations of personnel as required for appointment. Approvals or disapproval examination in such cases from a medical viewpoint and in accordance with current established medical standards for employees.
- Experience administering or directing administration of both curative and preventative inoculations.
For consideration at the GS-13 level: You must have 3 years of graduate training or equivalent experience and training. Examples include:
- Experience in making decisions relative to consultation with members of medical and institutional staff.
- Experience in providing clinical care, interviewing prospective physicians and mid-level providers, and evaluating patient care through an ongoing quality assurance program that identifies problems and their resolution.
- Experience in providing clinical oversight and is responsible for all health care delivered.
For consideration at the GS-14 level: You must have 3 years of graduate training or equivalent experience and training AND1 year of appropriate experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level
Examples include: Experience examining and ordering diagnostic testing and providing necessary treatment and/or medications.
- Experience conducting examinations of personnel as required to approving and disapproving examinations.
- Experience prescribing medications, treatments, and fully utilizing health services for treatment, rehabilitative, and diagnostic modalities.
For consideration at the GS-15 level: This pay level has been established for the following specialties only:
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Family Practice
- Rehabilitation Medicine
3 years of residency training or equivalent experience is required AND 1 year of appropriate experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level
- Experience providing inpatient and outpatient medical care in all aspects of health care delivery in accordance with current accepted medical practice and procedures.
- Experience providing physical examinations, physical assessment in correlation with historical findings, records preliminary objective findings.
- Experience providing treatment, emergency medical/surgical services as required, treat severe trauma cases rehabilitative, diagnostic modalities and prescribing medication.
How to Apply for United States Bureau of Prisons 2023 General Practitioner Recruitment
- Apply for this position using the usajobs.gov website as you would do with any other federal job.
General Practitioner Open-Continuous Announcement
- Select any two locations that you want to work at.
View all of our locations
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to a standing register of qualified candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities that you selected, you will be considered for that position, and if you are selected we will contact you with an offer.