Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests.On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The Nigeria program is headquartered around Minna, Niger state. We’re currently serving 100,000+ unique farmers across the state via our inputs on credit ‘Core’ program, inputs on cash ‘Retail’ program, and have a free seedlings distribution ‘Agroforestry’ program. The Nigeria program aims to serve 1 million farmers by 2030, via these three existing business units as well as new ones like facilitating Market Access for our farmers’ produce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Burundi Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Associate
Location: Muramvya, Burundi
- We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) professional or a field research professional to join our team as a Monitoring and Evaluation Program Officer who will be based in Muramvya, Burundi.As an MEL Associate, you will use collected data to improve our operations, develop your associate, and coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation activities across different teams and programs.You will help inform decision-making for our long-term strategy by working with the management team and the country team in Burundi.
- You will be placed under the direction of the Deputy Director of Global Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (SEA) as well as the Director of Impact in Burundi.The SEA department at One Acre Fund – TUBURA operates as an in-house research department and results are used primarily to inform program decision-making and to rigorously measure program impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design surveys, field test survey tools.
- Innovate on the process of collecting data and presenting actionable results.
- Analyze data to draw first and final conclusions and write reports with recommended actions.
- Work with field teams from other departments to ensure SEA results are understood and acted upon.
- Supervise the local SEA team which includes a field activities coordinator and a data analyst, who support a team of more than 30 full-time interviewers.You will:
- Guide employees through field visits, meetings, training program and career reviews.
- Supervise the main activities of the SEA in the field, with the objective of “perfect” quality standards
- Control the quality and management of the data collection process.
- Oversee the hiring and development of department employees.
- Define the organizational strategy based on MEL results in collaboration with the management and program team.
Professional Growth and Development:
- One Acre Fund invests in the development of management and leadership skills.
- Your manager and a global support team will devote a great deal of time to your professional development.
- We continuously provide concrete feedback through mentoring and regular career reviews in the form of management advice.
- We also hold regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen and discuss career goals, and work together to create truly exciting roles.Due to our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and plenty of opportunities in different functions.
- Degree in Public Policy, International Development, Statistics, Agronomy, Economics, or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Professional or academic experience in MEL or field data collection, designing and implementing evaluation or research, and analyzing results.
- Quantitative skills with experience with statistical analysis software (ex: Stata, R)
- Logical and structured thinking skills with a clear and persuasive written communication style.
- Experience in developing employee capacity
- Organization and coordination skills
- Leadership experience at work and enthusiasm for learning and growth.
- Language knowledge – English (required), French (required), Kirundi (preferred)
Services and Advantages:
- Health, housing and general benefits insurance
- Flexible work schedule and organization
- Meeting and working with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Professional development opportunities, including management or econometrics training
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Visa Sponsor for International Applicants
- One Acre Fund can sponsor the visa for this position. However, nationals (or those with extensive professional experience or work experience in our countries of operations) are preferred.
- One Acre Fund never asks applicants to pay for testing at any stage of the interview process. Official email addresses from One Acre Fund will always come from an address containing @oneacrefund.org.Please report suspicious communications here ([email protected]), but do not send applications to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and Anti-Racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all employees feel valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, descent, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
- We pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity work environment.