One Acre Fund, Founded in 2006 supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Gender Lead (Fixed-Term)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 2 years
Career Level: Professionals
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- We are looking for a proven and passionate gender lead to shape how One Acre Fund thinks about gender equality programming by providing evidence-based guidance on gender-sensitive and gender-transformative program design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- The global gender lead is expected to help increase the technical capacity of internal and external implementation partners, and national and local systems actors with whom One Acre Fund works to deliver gender-responsive services and create a truly pro-women system across our country portfolio.
- Develop One Acre Fund’s Gender Vision and Strategy – You will develop a data-driven gender strategy to dismantle the barriers faced by women farmers and ensure One Acre Fund’s farmer-facing and organizational-wide work contributes to gender equity, equality, and empowerment of women.
- Gender Programming & Gender-Transformative Design – To strengthen the capacity of our project teams, you will assemble a learning platform and provide strategic and technical assistance for country teams to develop and fine-tune strategies, identify and address gaps, document organization-wide innovation, and showcase the results and impact of gender-centric interventions.
- Enhancing the power and agency of women’s voices – You will provide thought partnership to organizational leadership to build gender capacity across the organization and promote decision-making that prioritizes gender representation throughout the organization. You will also help increase the technical capacity of external implementation partners such as national and local systems actors with whom One Acre Fund works, to deliver gender-responsive services across our country portfolio.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Gender / Women Studies or related field.
- 5+ years of practical experience leading complex gender-centric field programs in Sub-Saharan Africa. Prior experience developing gender equality strategy, gender programming, and complex project management and implementation is essential..
- Genuine commitment to rural communities. You are passionate about providing opportunity to the hardest-working (women) farmers on the planet.
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred. ” Women are encouraged to apply”
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Health insurance, Housing, and Comprehensive benefits
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.
- Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.